Fri, Jun 09|
Michigan Camp Meeting 2023
Come and experience the joy and spiritual renewal of Camp Meeting at the campus of Great Lakes Adventist Academy!
Time & Location
Jun 09, 4:00 PM – Jun 18, 9:30 PM
Cedar Lake, 7477 M575, Cedar Lake, MI 48812, USA
About the event
FAMILY MINISTRIES SEMINARS - Camp Meeting 2023
From Home to Eternity: Capturing the Joy of an Adventist Home - MONDAY-FRIDAY Join us for this thoughtful, inspiring, and practical series as we examine the joy, purpose, and plan of God for every Adventist home. Discover ways to cultivate a robust marriage, strengthen God-ordained roles for tathers and others, while learning to address and overcome common family challenges. Receive practical parenting strategies and transformational family worships that connect each heart with God and strengthen family, church, and community ministry. (Presented by: Amie Hubbard)
Called to Lead - Are you a parent, pastor, teacher, pathfinder or adventurer leader? Do you teach Sabbath school, or lead out in a youth group? If you have a heart for children and youth, this seminar is for you!
- Chad Bernard – SUNDAY
- “But everyone else is doing it!”
- What do you do when your kid comes home from church and wants to do something with the youth that goes against what you have taught them to do? Or as a teacher, pastor, or anyone who spends time with kids, how can you be a living example of making Christ-centered decisions? In this seminar, we will talk about how to help our young people make decisions based on principles, regardless of what others think or do.
- Jeremy Hall – MONDAY
- “I Thought, So…”
- Mental health is getting greater levels of attention than ever before and for good reason. How we think about ourselves, others, and our circumstances, is affecting productivity, relationships, spirituality, and the pathway our children will take in life. Depression, suicide, and despondency seem to be the main course for so many. In this seminar we will discuss real issues affecting our youth and strategies you can implement to help foster positive change. Prepare to be challenged.
- Delwin Garcia – TUESDAY
- “Identity Crisis”
- Many youth today are facing an identity crisis, with Hollywood and social media influencers taking the lead role in dictating who they should become. There is no doubt that the enemy has an agenda to morph and hijack our young people's sense of identity. This seminar will help us redirect our youth back to the true Source of their God-given identity, the only One worth patterning their lives after."
- Craig Harris - WEDNESDAY
- “This is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you.”
- The words in the title are completely true from the perspective of a parent, but a teenager has to intentionally try to not roll their eyes at the statement. In this seminar we will discover ways we can use a “whisper” to disciple our young people to be obedient. We will find ways to speak directly, indirectly, and using warnings (instead of threats) to help our kids make correct choices. Perhaps even find ways to stop the eye-rolls of our teens!
- Lori Randall – THURSDAY
- “Understanding God’s Heart for Children and Youth”
- In this seminar session we will look at practical ways to help our kids know that they are loved, masterfully designed, and infinitely valuable to Jesus. We will encourage each other to keep our own hearts rooted in Christ, which is the key for being able to share His great love with those entrusted to our care! There will be several drawings for ministry-related resources.
- Rich Sutton – FRIDAY
- “Changing lives through Service”
- Do you want to see young people excited about serving God? Do you want them to experience a deep, growing relationship with their Lord? Do you want the young people in your sphere of influence to live a life full of purpose and joy? Then join us as we explore God’s endless possibilities to use young people to make a difference in our world for eternity.
Singleness, Adulting, Ministry, and Dating - MONDAY-FRIDAY Do you have questions about being emotionally and cognitively ready for a relationship? Or Maybe looking for some tips to handle stress and adulting demands as a single person? Come join the workshop for a time of honesty, humor, and candid conversations about what the Bible has to say about singleness, dating culture in the church, and discovering what it means to be equally yoked in a time where there doesn’t seem to be anyone eligible. Some of the topics will be familiar from the Facebook group the Great Singlversry. (Presented by: Alanna Rodriquez)
Clear Clutter & Get Organized 101! MONDAY-FRIDAY Learn how to declutter and get organized! Do you want to get organized but have no idea where to start? Are you overwhelmed by clutter? Do you clear a space only for it to be overtaken by more stuff? Have you ever dumped everything into a bag or box just to get it out of the way? You thought you would deal with it later and later never came? Why de-clutter or organize anyway? Patsy has had lots of experience not only organizing her home, many churches she and her husband has pastored, but other people’s homes too. She would love to share some of her best kept secrets. Are you ready to create change…open to new ways of what to with your things…know it will take some effort and you are ready to put forth some effort…then you are ready to declutter and get organized! It’s practical! Get ready! (Presented by: Patsy Towar)